**Available** D-Rmor Gear Extreme Duty Plate Backers And Cummerbund Panels!

Having and using rifle rated hard armor is vital for protection against centerfire rifle threats. However, not everyone realizes that it is important to wear soft armor *behind* that protection. This is for several reasons:

First: Any ballistic impact will impart a great deal of kinetic energy to the plate, and by extension, your torso. Having soft armor behind the plate acts to absorb alarge percentage of that energy.

Second: If a round manages to partially defeat the plate, it will send shards of metal toward your body. The soft armor plate backer catches these fragments, protecting you from unwanted perforation.

Third: It increases the versatility of your armor system. If hard plates are not required for a certain purpose, the soft armor backers can be run alone, allowing you to keep protection against handgun rounds while minimizing weight.

Currently, most plate backers that are available use laminates in their construction (with the concurrent risks and drawbacks of this type of construction). The remainder utilize construction methods that will cause them to deteriorate and gradually wear out with normal use, never mind the kind of hard use this gear can be subjected to.

I was not satisfied with the current offerings available with soft armor plate backers. 90% contain either UHMWPE or at least a laminate component. The issues and long term durability of these materials have been discussed at length in these pages. The remaining 10%, while 100% woven aramid (and of decent quality), will show their age with a couple of years of use, and the protective area will decrease as time goes on.

IMGP0402

IMGP0401

With an eye towards solving these issues, the D-Rmor Gear Extreme Duty plate backers feature:

-Version 6.1, CONSTANT IMPROVEMENT AND REFINEMENT OVER 12 YEARS
-100% pure woven Aramid construction
-Special construction methods to virtually eliminate wear-induced deterioration
-The use of 90 D-Tex Mil-Spec Nylon thread
-Enhanced design to minimize backface deformation
-Outer shell of 500D Cordura with Durable Water Resistant Finish (DWR): heat sealed outer shells can trap water within the backers if even a tiny slit or pinhole occurs, while Cordura will do an excellent job keeping water out, while letting it drain if it gets in.
-8mm Thick

*NEW OPTIONS 3-21-2017*
-Upgrade outer shell to advanced Fire-Retardant 500D Coyote Brown Cordura!
-Select either shooter’s cut or rectangular profile, no extra charge!
-Now available in ALL major plate/cummerbund sizes and profiles!

Designed to hold up over years of hard use, D-Rmor Gear Extreme Duty Plate Backers and Cummerbund Panels have a *10 YEAR REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE* If for whatever reason the backer(s) experience workmanship or materials failure during the course of use during that time, I will repair or replace at my discretion.

No other piece of current soft armor can claim anywhere close to that sort of longevity.

Furthermore, if it is used in a VERIFIED/DOCUMENTED duty or self-defense incident during that 10 year period, I will replace it for FREE. No questions asked. Fully transferrable.

Again, who else? (Hint: NOBODY).

These are available in the following sizes/prices:

Side Plate Backers (Price Per Pair, Inquire For Single Price)

**Add 10% For Fire Retardant 500D Cordura Option

5″ X 7″ $85
5″ X 8″ $90
6″ X 6″ $88
6″ X 7″ $92
6″ X 8″ $100
7″ X 8″ $120
8″ X 8″ $140

Cummerbund Panels (Price Per Pair, Inquire For Single Piece Price)

**Add 10% For Fire Retardant 500D Cordura Option

5″ X 9″ $95
5″ X 11″ $118
5″ X 13″ $145
6″ X 10″ $130
6″ X 12″ $155
6″ X 13″ $170

Cummerbund Panel Sized For Shellback Banshee (Single Piece)

**Add 10% For Fire Retardant 500D Cordura Option

6″ X 17″ $125

Primary Plate Backers Single Piece Price/Pair Price

**Add 10% For Fire Retardant 500D Cordura Option

8″ X 10″ $100/$170
10″ X 12″ $145/$260
10″ X 13″ $160/$290
11″ X 14″ $180/$330

For sizes you do not see listed, please inquire, and I will build them for you on a custom basis.

D-Rmor Gear Extreme Duty Plate Backers/Cummerbund panels are priced similarly to garden variety soft armor backers, and worth every penny for the legion of extra benefits.

Comments
  1. Dave says:

    Do these serve the same purpose as trauma pads or are they used in conjunction w/ a trauma pad?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s